Week 1 -Early America

Go down

Week 1 -Early America

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:37 pm

Choose a topic:

• Describe the earliest Americans before Europeans showed up.

•  Did Europeans treat the native people well? Give examples to support your opinion.

Rules:

1. Please answer the discussion questions in your own words.
  2. You may use quotations if you like, but you must cite your sources.
  3. Responses to the main topic should be 100 words or more.
  4. Responses to other students should be 50 words or more.
  5. Be polite!

Last edited by Admin on Tue May 01, 2018 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://texasamkorea.forumotion.asia

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 -Early America

Post by SJ_blackpanther on Sat May 05, 2018 2:34 pm

<Topic: Did Europeans treat the native people well?>
In 15th century, Europeans were curious about unknown continent after Columbus found America. Europeans also had strong pride to themselves so at that time, they already had a slaves or servants. While Europeans went to America, they want to conquer native Americans and plunder golds. Even so, some people had good connections with native American such as John Smith-Pocahontas(Algonquian). John Smith tried to communicate with Algonquian and Pocahontas also learned English to do a conversation. However, most of Europeans did not treat well and even they afflicted native Americans. Even the relationship of English and Algonquian tribes had a fight after John Smith returned to England. In Spain, Cortes who conquered Mexican(Azka), he did not had relationship and eliminate Mexican tribes for desire of golds. I think the reason why they did not treat well is because of their desire and self-pride.

SJ_blackpanther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Topic: Did Europenas treat the native people well?

Post by ys on Sun May 06, 2018 3:09 am

Topic: Did Europenas treat the native people well?

I think that the arrival of Europeans leads slavery and decimation in North and South America. Even though some Europeans wanted to trade some stuffs with native people, many another Europeans just wanted to get gold, wealth, and honor. That is the reason why they left their own country. For example, Columbus who arrived America firstly, made the Native Americans, Taino, to slaves and sent them away from their home to work as a slave in Spain (Daryl Worthington). Also Cortes who leads expedition to find wealth in Mexico, murdered Montezuma, who was a chief of Mexico tribe and conquerd them. Latter, European forced to change native people's religion to Christianity and forced to use English. It means European had a bad effect on native people's own cultures.

ys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by user5aea6f00c619e on Sun May 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Before 1492, Native Americans were just tribes. They did not had much development. They were different between Europeans. They roamed around and hunted and gathered food from nature. Some were nomads, they did not placed their houses. I think they were still adopting their environment. Also, the population in the north America was much lower than south, it is because that Nothern Amercia had better environment, food(animals), and land for growing crops. Therefore, the biggest empire(Mexica and Inca) has settled in northern, not south. However, everything had changed after Europeans invaded them.
-Min oh-
user5aea6f00c619e

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by user5aea6f00c619e on Sun May 06, 2018 4:11 pm

Reply: Blue

I agree with you Blue. Montezuma treated Cortes very well. They gave him gold and food. Even though they treated well Cortes murdered the king of their empire and destroyed. I think the reason is that they just wanted gold but the other tribe, tribes that had lost their family by Mexica, wanted to destroy Mexcia tribes. So they did not just took gold, they also ruined all of Mexica territories. Spain didnt treated them well, they knew they are stronger than them and they did whatever they want.
ps: It is not latter->later

-Min oh-
user5aea6f00c619e

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Did European treat the native American well?

Post by DeShawn the gangster on Mon May 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Many European killed native American. We could know that through the history. They treated native American like animals not people. They just wanted to be rich country. It can be Spain, France and England. They just wanted to get more gold, tobacco. So they just invaded and plundered no negociation. But some European tried to negotiated with them but European didn’t know native American’s food, language and culture. They just wanted to get everything. Because at that time, they are very powerful countries. In fact, I think, the invasion is more brutal than our thought. Because no one was there. How we know European change the history record. So I think European didn’t treat well native American.

DeShawn the gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeShawn the gangster on Mon May 07, 2018 1:24 pm

Reply to Sj the black panther.
I think so. You and I have a similar opinion. Not every European did that. Most European did that. But finally every negotiaition between European with native American became massacre. And in my opinion, Europe is the powerful countries at that time, then there were possibility that they change the history point more in the direction of their advantage. I mean, they record the history book differently.

DeShawn the gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seokbinma on Mon May 07, 2018 4:49 pm

I think they didn’t. In first they tried trade or communication but it didn’t go long. Many Europe people invaded America, enslaved and slaughtered the natives there. They Natives as animal and they take their family or friends to Europe to make them slave. For example, Cortes killed so many people in America because of gold. If he didn’t want gold he might have not killed them. Europeans killed many people for greed.They treated natives as gold. They also conquered lots of tribes, they also killed women and children. They move by greed and killed by greed. Because of these reason, they didn’t treat native well

Seokbinma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seokbinma on Mon May 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Reply to Ys
They didn't only have a bad influence. They also caused good effects such as Technological development. They learned how to ride horse and how to make big ship and how to protect from animal by gun. Their lives have become more prosperous than before. So I think they didn’t caused only bad things.

Seokbinma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Describe the earliest Americans before Europeans showed up.

Post by FLOWON on Mon May 07, 2018 10:29 pm

Once upon a time, a lot of humans from Asia, Africa and Russia gathered at a huge continent that now we call it to the America . Before Columbus, the greatest sayilor, reached to the America, the America was just a huge continent that a lot of ancient native american tribes were living their own life. It has various environment and lots of various culture induced. Lots of forms of houses were determined by temperature and main thier foods were determined by topographic charateristics like mountain of ocean. Also a lot of civilizatoins were bloomed by war between various traditional native American tribes’ war.

FLOWON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWON on Mon May 07, 2018 10:42 pm

Reply to Min Oh
I truly agree with you. Before Columbus reached to the America, there were a lot of tribes that have thier own cultures. They adapted on various environment with thier own method and they tried to bloom thier own civilization. Even If they were less developed than Europeans, they made the greatest result like Mexican empire and Incan enpire. But,,, Unfortunately, Columbus, the greatest sailor, ruined everything,,,

FLOWON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ys on Tue May 08, 2018 12:32 am

Reply to SJ
I agree with your opinion. I also think European wanted to gain gold, so many European such as Cortes made a voyage to America. Even though they didn’t know anything about America. They didn’t afraid about going America. Because they thought they’ll be a rich and they’ll get many slaves so they don’t have to work. Also I agree your opinion that some natives and English had conversations.

ys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SJ_blackpanther on Tue May 08, 2018 1:08 am

Reply to DeShawn the gangster
As you said, you and I had same opinion for this topic. I also agree that they just wanted to get many golds or tobacoo and treated Native American as an animal. But the aspect of adaptation to Native American culture can think about other opinion. John Smith, for example, wanted to live with other tribes(Algonquian). He tried to learn Algonquian languages, took Pocahontas to England, trade with Algonquian and so on. I understand what you said, but I wonder what if you think about other adventurer.

SJ_blackpanther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down