Week 3: Immigrants & Protesters

Go down

Week 3: Immigrants & Protesters

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Why was the Boston Tea Party such a decisive action? Do you agree with the American protesters? What does “Taxation without representation” mean?

Rules:

1. Please answer the discussion questions in your own words.
  2. You may use quotations if you like, but you must cite your sources.
  3. Responses to the main topic should be 100 words or more.
  4. Responses to other students should be 50 words or more.
  5. Be polite!

Last edited by Admin on Tue May 01, 2018 7:38 am; edited 4 times in total

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://texasamkorea.forumotion.asia

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 3: Immigrants & Protesters

Post by Seokbinma on Sun May 20, 2018 6:01 pm

It was decisive action because they attracted Birtish. It means British send army to Boston. That means it was successful action because they can't controll Boston. Because of it a meeting of state representatives happened. I agree with prtesters because Korea did same thing when Japan occupied us we did a similuar thing. Taxation without representation means British can't tax without agree of boston government. So it means they wanted to tax themselves

Seokbinma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SJ_blackpanther on Sun May 20, 2018 6:48 pm

<Weekly 3: Immigrants & Protesters>

At that time, England was constantly interfere American life. England tried to down tea prices and keep the law, but American still do not want to pay English taxes. They want their own self-taxation. It is a ‘Taxation without representation’, so American wanted to tax in their own country. So, the group called ‘Sons of Liberty’ threatened parliament and let them quit their statue. Also, Bostonians bordered ships and throw the tea into the sea. The result of this was coercive acts and the soldiers can stay American house legally. In my opinion, it is not fair to stay at America and it is an obvious human rights violation.

SJ_blackpanther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why was the Boston tea part important?.

Post by DeShawn the gangster on Sun May 20, 2018 9:40 pm

It was the start of American revolution. It made American to boost about their rights. Then American, who such as Smuel Adams, had a lot of protests such as destroying Hudchinson’s house. Then they made the group named Sons of liberty. It meant literally people who want to take a right. Also they did a lot of acts for their freedom. Finally they made the United States of America government. Also they made the U.S.A continental congress. It contained the American’s freedom, liberty and rights. Also it said againsting to British’s goverment. So I think it is the one of important party in the United States for their rights.

DeShawn the gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by user5aea6f00c619e on Sun May 20, 2018 9:52 pm

I think, ‘Taxation without presentation’ means that British set taxes without any delcaration. Therefore, son of liberty had tea party. It was sucessful because it showed that British were doing wrong to them. It made lots of people to follow their thought. I agree with the American protests.I think in that time British were pressing other Americans about taxes or laws because British had strong army and power than merchants. A lot of Americans disliked British but they weren’t grouped so they didnt had much power. But after the tea party it changed Americans. I think they started to think they can push British with grouping each other so it was great event in American history.
Min Oh
user5aea6f00c619e

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWON on Sun May 20, 2018 10:29 pm

Boston Tea Party was definitely decisive action. In 18th century, Americans were pressed and ignored by England. England forced unequal taxes to Americans and it demolished American’s rights. Americans want Taxation without representation. It means they want recovery of thier rights and true liberty by shwoing power to England with deciding taxes themselves. So Americans resisted at unequlibrium and protested for liberty. And the first realizations of thier cause was Boston Tea Party. They had qualification that to resist and to protest for thier rights and from Boston tea party, thier volition realized.

FLOWON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWON on Sun May 20, 2018 10:39 pm

Reply to Min Oh
I agree at your opinion. Boston Tea party was true realization of Americnas’ volition. It is definitely different that volition realizes to practice or not. After Boston Tea Party, Sons of Liberty became more bigger and active. This incident reinforced their fighting spirit and their spirit spread out to lots of colonies.

FLOWON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeShawn the gangster on Mon May 21, 2018 1:47 am

Reply to black panther.
I agree with your opinion. At that time English interfered the United States too much. Also I think that was truely human rights invasion.
Add, Samuel Adams’ Boston tea party was a proper behavior. It was inevitable act for American’s rights. Finally after lot of acts, American got rights and they made congress to against England government.

DeShawn the gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ys on Mon May 21, 2018 5:32 am

I think Boston Tea Party was decisive action. At that time, Boston was dominated by England. They had to pay taxes to England and they had to be punished by English when they made a mistake. So they wanted taxation without representation and they succeed to gain this freedom by doing Boston Tea Party. I agree with this American protester because they demand due rights to England but that request was ignored and England used more force to control Americans. Even though Americans had a right to control themselves at that time, England didn’t accept the right and just acted their status are higher than Americans.

ys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ys on Mon May 21, 2018 5:54 am

Reply to Won
I totally agree with your opinion. I also think America wanted liberty from England by gaining the right of autonomy. At that time, Americans were stolen their rights by England and they are forced to tax and follow the rules. So they wanted to receive attention by throwing tea infront of English.

ys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by user5aea6f00c619e on Mon May 21, 2018 8:12 am

I agree with you Won. English totally did not gave Americans their rights about taxes. I think not only taxes, they sometimes took weak Americans’ houses and stayed. Like the video we saw. The England general took Hancock’s house because he just wanted. It was very unfair life for the Americans in Boston. Those treatment made them angry, it drove to the ‘tea party’, and it was sucessful.
-Minoh-
user5aea6f00c619e

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply to DeShawn the Gangster

Post by SJ_blackpanther on Mon May 21, 2018 12:07 pm

It looks nice about your opinion. I totally agree with your opinion and the main points. The group of 'Sons of Liberty' contributed to be free America and gained rights. However, main opinion of think is not similar with me. I think you should think about the claims about each country which is England and America.

SJ_blackpanther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum