Week 4: The Constitution

Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Choose 1 topic:

• How would you summarize the Constitution in modern language? Do you believe that it was meant to be “iron-clad”? Should we be able to change parts of the Constitution as time goes on? 

Rules:

1. Please answer the discussion questions in your own words.
  2. You may use quotations if you like, but you must cite your sources.
  3. Responses to the main topic should be 100 words or more.
  4. Responses to other students should be 50 words or more.
  5. Be polite!

Last edited by Admin on Tue May 01, 2018 7:39 am; edited 3 times in total

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://texasamkorea.forumotion.asia

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 4: The Constitution

Post by FLOWON on Fri May 25, 2018 3:22 pm

The constitution is the crystal of common sense that protects nations altrism rights and realizes major justice. And the common sense means common truth that is agreed and followed by absloute majority. I definitely believe the relativity of truth so naturally common sense changes according to time flow. Even if there are lots of moral components that we should protect, the constitution is not a “iron-clad”. The constitution must be changed to follow today’s commom truth because the critical altrism rights and major justice for each generations is quite different.

FLOWON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Constitution.

Post by DeShawn the gangster on Sun May 27, 2018 3:35 pm

Every law must focus on citizen’s any rights. If constitution have a mistake, it would be changed. Constitution isalso kind of laws. So it must be changed. I know it is hard to amend. But if citizen is damaged by constitution, it can not be taken for granted. So, again, it must be changed. Because Protecting, developing citizen’s rights are the role of the law. Also some people, especially rich and high-class people, use weak point of the law. Actually I think every people should be equal belong law. Benefits of law should be used for everyone not for only rich people. Also punishmemts of law should be used for every criminal not for only poor criminal. So I think, if constitution have a weak point, it should be amended. That is the good way to make a good country. That is true name of constitutions, laws.

DeShawn the gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWON on Sun May 27, 2018 7:38 pm

Rely to DeShawn
I agree at your opinion that constitution has a weak point. Definitely the constitution can be perfect because generation is flew by time. Every single generations have their own problems and own common truth. So constitution must be changed by those time flow. I believe that a country can be ruled stably by the constitution, if the constitution considers time flow and today’s truth that protects our altrism liberty and major justice.

FLOWON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by user5aea6f00c619e on Sun May 27, 2018 9:08 pm

The purpose of the Constitution is to protect the citizens of its country and give them a comfort to live in their country. However, in many countries, the constitutions are set by powerful people. Although they are the representative of country, some people put their opinions on it. Somethings they like or dislike. For example, some countries in middle east Asia, they ban some activities which is banned from their religion. Therefore it seems lots of people who rules the country do whatever they want to the constitution. On the other hand, in Switzerland, they are having correct democracy which citizens can change every law in their country, not only the governors. I think the best way to make the Constitution ‘iron-clad’ is transforming the government into correct democracy.
-Min Oh-

Sent from Topic'it App
user5aea6f00c619e

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by user5aea6f00c619e on Sun May 27, 2018 9:19 pm

Reply Deshawn

I totally agree with your opinion. You have a similar thinking about the constitution. In many countries, high-class people control the Supreme Court. As constitution says all people are equal ,however high-class avoid the laws and it is impossible for poor to win riches because it is totally controlled by riches and high-class. That is unfair and unequal. I think the constitution sometimes need to change a little bit not by the high-class people, by the citizens.

Sent from Topic'it App
user5aea6f00c619e

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeShawn the gangster on Sun May 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Reply to user5aea6f00c619e / a.k.a Minoh
I have same opinion with Minoh’s opinion. Especially changing constitution is the great way to protect citizen’s rights. But I want to say something that is, changing constitution should be not easy. It sould be hard to change. I mean, if it will be changed, it would have a strict process. Then it will be made near to perfect law. I think there is no perfect constitution becasue as time goes by citizen’s culture, mind, society and everything is changed. Eventually, if the constitution is changed, it would have a strict process.

DeShawn the gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Constitution

Post by SJ_blackpanther on Sun May 27, 2018 9:46 pm

Constitution is the most important regulation. The Founding Fathers and each states' delegate tried to fix their laws. At first, they were using Articles of Confederation. But it was not fair to all each states. And the constitution is the most fair law. Also, I think the constitution is very "iron-clad" because it stipulates about citizens(all people in America) are free to live and free to claim. However, the world is changing. The constitution ruled in 18th century. So nowadays, for example, guns law should be strict. At first, guns were used by protecting to English. They had independent from English and after that, they had fear about English still. But these-days, they were safe by English so they have to change laws about guns law, also other laws.

SJ_blackpanther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SJ_blackpanther on Sun May 27, 2018 9:54 pm

Reply to DeShawn the Gangster
First, it was impressive to read. Your opinion is similar as mine. I also agree about changing constitution if it has a weak point. However, I wonder if you had a claim or example, it would be better to proof your opinion. However, you mentioned that I did not. You said about the rich-poor gap and it was very impressive. I did not think about it.

SJ_blackpanther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seokbinma on Tue May 29, 2018 12:14 am

In modern language we can say it bullet because it can protect us from bad things but sometime we get hurt by it too. And we should realize the constitution's power and keep watching it and keep it save to us using as a weapon to keep myself. If we didn't have constitution, our society will be confused and not remained well. I think constitution is not iron clad because it have been changed flexiblly. So i think it is not iron clad. And i think it should be changed because time is going and culture is changing. So we should change constitution more flexibly to make people's require well .

Seokbinma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seokbinma on Tue May 29, 2018 12:21 am

reply to SJ
you said that we should remove guns because british is gone. but nowdays many people save their lifes by gun. For example, one preganant women killed thef by gun but what would happen if she didn't had gun. she would die by thef, we should notice that guns are also saving people's lifes not only killing innocent people. so we should not change the constitution for gun rules.

Seokbinma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ys on Tue May 29, 2018 2:59 am

Constitution is the most important and basic laws in each countries. It can be changed easily and all of the low rank laws have to follow constitution. Constitution have power to protect us and another laws. This is the reason why we need constitution in our lives. I think Constitution is “iron-clad”. Because we cannot change the Constitution which is already built easily. It is based on Human rights and freedom. So the main points have to remain and be protected. However, if we need to change the word of Constitution, we could change it slightly when the progress fill the complicated requirement.

ys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ys on Tue May 29, 2018 3:05 am

reply to SB
I agree with your opinion that if Constitution is not existed out society would be confused and not remain well. Because we can say that Constitution is the most important law in our lives and it is a foundation of nations. However I disagree that Constitution is not iron-clad. Constitution’s fundamental spirit cannot be changed, even though some letter can be changed.

ys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down