Week 5: The Early Presidents

Go down

Week 5: The Early Presidents

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Choose 1 topic: 

• Name and describe the first four presidents of the US. Who were they and what kind of men were they? What were some of their accomplishments? Who do you think was the best early president?

Rules:

1. Please answer the discussion questions in your own words.
  2. You may use quotations if you like, but you must cite your sources.
  3. Responses to the main topic should be 100 words or more.
  4. Responses to other students should be 50 words or more.
  5. Be polite!

Last edited by Admin on Tue May 01, 2018 7:39 am; edited 2 times in total

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://texasamkorea.forumotion.asia

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 5: The Early Presidents

Post by SJ_blackpanther on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:37 pm

<Topic: The Early Presidents>
At the first of the USA's president was George Washington. He was the commander at the Revolutionary war, and he was neutral to politicize. He was slow to do political things because his things were affects the future. However, when John Adams became the second president, he was not neutral because he is a federalist. He politicize Alien and Sedition Act that people can not have a conspiracy or revolt. The third president was Thomas Jefferson. He was a republicans so he made government and army small, and cuts budget. James Madison was the fourth president who is republican from Virginia. He declared about fight against England called the War Hawks.
I think George Washington ruled very well. He was neutral to rule, objective listening. So he is one of the most great president in the US.

SJ_blackpanther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWON on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:00 pm

George Washington, the first president of the USA. George Washington was the hero of America. He lead the independence of America and accomplished a lot of military achievements at the independence. Also he was a great ruler of country. His depth of thinkings and neutral mind was enough to establish the foundation of the USA. Actually, I don’t care about other three presidents. We definitely need different thinkings to rule country well but I think the president should be like a Washinton. Other three president have thier own belife and they force their belife to others. Even though they have constitutaions and cabinet, they just read other’s countenance and act like what they want. I think always leader must keep neutral position and consider the most right performance for nations and country. So the person who insist their own belief must not to be a president.

FLOWON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Untitled

Post by DeShawn the gangster on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:14 pm

George Washington, virginian, is the first president of the United States. He took care about both sides federalists and republicans. Also he was a commender of some battle. John Adams, the last federalist, is the second president. His presidency was not good. Thomas Jefferson is the third president. He bought Louisiana because he wanted big land. James madison is the fourth president. He was a republican from virginia. There was a lot of parties but he was middle and at this time The White House got its name. I think George Washington was the greatest president of he United States because every governor voted for him. No one hated him. It was really great.

DeShawn the gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeShawn the gangster on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Reply to Black Panther.
I agree with your opinion. George Washington is a one of the greatest president of United States. As you mentioned, he was neutral position about politicize. Some people said it was not good. Politician need certain position. But he did his job very well. Everyone loved him. Every voter voted for him. It means he was repected by others. He had reasonable qualification of president of United States.

DeShawn the gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWON on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Rely to sj
Of course George Washington is the greatest president of the first four president. Neutral mind and slow thinking is very important components of great leader and only Gearge Washinton prove his personal quality to the world. Also other three presidents might have thier own achievements but they have their own apparent colors and insist. And these reasons corrupt their value of president.

FLOWON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seokbinma on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:30 pm

George washington is the first president of USA. He was a man who made America independence. But he had slave so I don't like him because he said every person is equal but he had slave. Next is John Adams, he was a son of liberty and father of USA. He was famous before the president but after president he didn't did good jobs during period. Thrid is Tomas Jeferson, he is most famous president in America because he made America double than before. He bought Louisiana and expand America so many USA people like him because of lots of expand of USA. Finally Madison, he was fourth president of USA. He was famous because of war between USA and British. I Think Jeferson was the best because he expand the country very fast and made economy better than before,

Seokbinma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seokbinma on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Reply to DS

Actually there were people who didn't like Geroge Washington because he made lots of tax. Also he said every person is equal but he had slave so some people think he is contrast. He was great at battle but sometimes he made lotst of mistake in battle such as Ohio. He was not that nice man because of contrast life and super lucky chance to win the war.

Seokbinma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by user5aea6f00c619e on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:20 pm

The first president of the United States was George Washington. He was a hero in that time he won lots of battles between British. Also in politics he was a neutral position. I think, there is no doubt to say that he was the best forever. The second was John Adams. He was a radical person since he was ‘Sons of Liberty’. He also thought government needs more than having power by each states. I think citizens didn’t like him because his thinking was kind of dictator. The third was Thomas Jefferson. He was opposite to John Adams. He thought States should have more power than the government. He minimized the military and government power. Let states power their own militia. I think he was really thoughtful president. Lastly forth president was James Madison. He was involved in the first amendment. He was also called as “the father of bill of rights’. He was a good president because he participated to protect their citizens.

-Min Oh-

Sent from Topic'it App
user5aea6f00c619e

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by user5aea6f00c619e on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:39 pm

Reply : Won

I agree that George Washington was the best among the first four presidents. He was neutral in politic. He wasn’t radical person. He helped a-lot in USA’s independent. But it seems that you think other three presidents were bad because they weren’t like George Washington. I think they were not better than George Washington but they were just having different ways to rule the country. Their thinkings were little bit different but the main purpose is to protect their citizens and to make a good country. So we can’t ignore about their thinkings.

Sent from Topic'it App
user5aea6f00c619e

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ys on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:21 am

The first president of United States was George Washington. George Washington was served as a commander of the Continental Army during American Revolutionary War. So every Americans agree that George Washington was elected a President of United States. John Adams became a second president of United States. He he was a sons of liberty so he was famous before the president. He was a Federalist. So he wanted big federal government and he wanted huge federal power that state power. Tomas Jefferson elected third president. He was Republican so he limited federal government power and reduced the size of the army than before. And he bought Louisiana Purchase so America can expend their territory. James Medicen. He decided war with England. I think George Washington was a best early president. Because he was ideal about good president. His personality was very thoughtful and fair in politics. He listened to all side of politician. Also he decide carefully to do political things because he knew that everything he does affects the future government.

ys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ys on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:34 am

Reply to Won
I agree with your opinion that the person who insist their own belief must not to be a president. Even though you didn’t mention any specific president of early United States, I think George Washington is most proficient person about politics. Because he considered both side of parties and decided wisely.

ys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply to DeShawn the Gangster

Post by SJ_blackpanther on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:56 pm

I also agree about George Washington is the greatest president in the early four presidents. However, the opinion of people you like is little bit different. In my opinion, also some people did not like him because of other political laws. And he was a neutral person to listen, not a person who likes him all. But this is true that all people who tried to make independent the US was voted him in no doubt.

SJ_blackpanther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down