Week 6: The Trail & The Rush

Go down

Week 6: The Trail & The Rush

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:46 pm

Choose 1 topic: 

• What was the Trail of Tears? How do you believe America could make up for this atrocity?
  • Who rushed for California gold? What was the Oregon Trail?

Rules:

1. Please answer the discussion questions in your own words.
  2. You may use quotations if you like, but you must cite your sources.
  3. Responses to the main topic should be 100 words or more.
  4. Responses to other students should be 50 words or more.
  5. Be polite!

Last edited by Admin on Tue May 01, 2018 7:39 am; edited 2 times in total

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://texasamkorea.forumotion.asia

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 6: The Trail & The Rush

Post by SJ_blackpanther on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:30 pm

Topic : What was the Trail of Tears? How do you believe America could makeup for this atrocity?

'Trail of Tears' is about the native tribes of Cherokee. In 1830, American wanted to expand their land to west. They tried to compromise about the new land of west, and it was the land of Cherokee tribes'. Cherokee tribes' leader did not accept Americans' opinion. However, the president Andrew Jackson just took off their land. He commanded to seize new land with army and killed lots of tribes. For this reason, Cherokee tribe moved to another place by force. And this was called the Trail of Tears. In this act, American's situation was not justified. They took new land by force, killed innocent people. SO I believe that the president Andrew Jackson regulated in a wrong way, and even called an evil.

SJ_blackpanther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seokbinma on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Topic: Trail of terars

'Trail of terars' is a story of Cherokee tribe. American government wanted more land so they made Native Americans move to another state. But Native Americans didn't  want to move to another state so the Government send an army to make them move.In this movement many native were died. I think America could not make up for this atrocity. Because already many Native American were died by this trail and still they are still discriminated agianst. Also they have hard period at that time, this pain can not be restored by money. But Americans should realize this sad story and should feel sorry to Native American.

Seokbinma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seokbinma on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:57 pm

Reply to SJ

Actually you didn't write about "America could make up for this atrocity? ". You said they were killed by army it is not true. They were killed by Pneumonia, flu, and disease. They were chased by army but army only made them ran away. And army have misson to protect them from another tribe or danger so they didn't killed Native American.

Seokbinma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ys on Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Topic: What was the Trail of Tears? How do you believe America could make up for this atrocity?
Trail of Tears is a deportation which Native Americans experienced in 1830. Especially Cherokee tribe had to leave their land and move to West area. Because American wanted to expand their land to West area. So America made an agreement about migration of Native Americans. But Cherokee tribe disagree with this agreement because they thought it is unreasonable agreement. They sue the American government to Supreme Court and they won. However America president, Andrew Jackson, ignore the judgement and seize the Cherokee’s land with army. They killed a lot of Cherokee tribe people. Also During the way many people died because of disease, cold, and hunger. So it is called Trail of Tears.

ys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ys on Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Reply to SJ
I also think American’s situation was not justified. It is not a right way to gain some land using force. So I agree with your opinion. However, I think even though Andrew Jackson was called evil to Native Americans, a lot of Americans might support him because of his achievement.

ys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply to ys

Post by SJ_blackpanther on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:59 pm

At that time, America expanded to west and there was an obstacle which was Cherokee tribe. I agree that America did not seize in a good way. That was the main problem of America's expanding their lands. It is a little bit shame that your opinion of this act is not supportive because you might have your opinion about this act.

SJ_blackpanther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

49ers & Oregon trail

Post by DeShawn the gangster on Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:20 pm

California glod rush: In 1849, some talkative people told that California had a lot of gold. So many foreigners went to California. Especially, there had so many Chineses. They had hard times. Because there have so many discrimination. But they tried to edure their life. Finally they could settle in that land.

Oregon trail: In 1811~1849, many people, especially merchants, went to Oregon by walk and horse. Because they want to sale some stuff. Also in 1836, the first horse train was made from Missouri. And there was no food, fierce animals. So the Oregon trail was very hard.

DeShawn the gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeShawn the gangster on Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:28 pm

Reply to You guys who wrote about trail of tears
I agree with her opinion. But I think, that was inevitable. Andrew Jackson had a power but Native tribes did not have a power.
Always, weak groups are damaged by majority groups. So I think, it was enough sad. However it was anavoidable incidents. Also nowadays, minority groups have a damage. They can not resist.

DeShawn the gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWON on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:09 am

Nowadays, gold is the truth of society. Gold becomes power and honor. In 1849, at California power rised its appearence to people who were from the land of liverty. A lot of races rushed to California and a lot of people wanted the common truth for happiness. At that time, for everyone gold was future. Even if they underwent great deal of suffer, they went forward for thier own fancy future. It was honor for them to dream gold. Unfortunately, they did not recognize a single important fact that everyone can have chance but only few people realize their chance to dream.

FLOWON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWON on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:24 am

Rely to DeShawn
I agree at your opinion. California was a barren soil. But gold made it to a fossil soil. A lot of people rushed to California also a lot of races gather in to California. Of course, the Whites, the sons of liberty had great bilef of god. They discriminated all of non white people. A lot of people must undergo hurt suffer for dream. As a result, poor California can be the big California.

FLOWON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by user5aea6f00c619e on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:23 am

Trail of tears

It started by Andrew Jackson who wanted to make his country stronger. He thought that all the Native Americans were not smart enough compare to white people. When Andrew Jackson conquered Florida, he wanted to develop Florida. However there were lots of Native Americans. As he did not like Native Americans, he planned to move Native Americans in one place. He told citizens that they(U.S) are moving Native Americans to New Orleans because it is giving them better life. He acted like a savior but it wasnt for Natives. Natives walked across lands without transportation. Almost 1/3 have died, it was one of terrible incident in US history. Discrimination should disappear.

Sent from Topic'it App
user5aea6f00c619e

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by user5aea6f00c619e on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:33 am

Reply Won

It was great discovery in California and the United States. Gold rush did make honor. In contrast it was easier to get gold in California. Also it was easy to steal or easy to get killed. If we see the good things about Gold Rush , it was innovation movement for rich but i think for poor only few people got rich. I think poor people were just sacrificed for providing gold to rich.

Sent from Topic'it App
user5aea6f00c619e

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down